Monday, September 7, 2009

Parade Laps at the Monterey Historic Races

Monterey Historics Porsche Club of America Parade Laps from Chris S Markham on Vimeo.


The Monterey Bay Region of the Porsche Club of America sponsored these two parade laps about the Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway during the mid-day break of the Rolex Monterey Historic Races, August 16, 2009. The video was taken from inside a 1959 Porsche 356 A Coupe. At the top of Turn 8, a Monterey County Sheriff deputy fell in behind me, with lights flashing. I really wish I had asked my Dad to turn the camera around--a once-in-a-lifetime shot being chased down The Corkscrew by a cop! There wasn't much high-speed as there were over 250 cars participating, but there was a lot of good cheer. But I couldn't help but think the motorcycle cops had it in for me....

No comments: